A blog to keep up on what's happening for teens at Brooks Memorial Library including: • new books • events • resources available • fun website suggestions • ... and more.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Earth, My Butt, and Other Big, Round Things


I read this book over the weekend. This has been a popular book at the library and I can see why! It is a good read and a powerful read. I felt it was realistic, believable and I was cheering Virginia on from the very beginning. Highly recommended for all of our teens. If you liked Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, you'll like this one as well. I had always thought the title was a little strange, but don't let the title put you off--there's more to this book than round things! Also, I think moms will like this book, too and you can tell your mom I said so! The author is Carolyn Mackler, and you'll find copies on the Survivor Book Club table in front of the Teen Space.

--Sara